Analytics Team as a Service
Through ATaaS, TDI offers a unique blend of analytics skills and seeks to meet the client’s goals through an objective-based and outcomes-oriented approach. ATaaS employs one or more unique TDI team members in a highly integrated approach with the business. TDI will usually assign two to three key roles, which may at times be filled by more than one person:
- Business Intelligence Director – Responsible for defining and executing the client’s enterprise data strategy.
- Enterprise Data Architect – Responsible for building an enterprise data architecture capable of scaling in alignment with the defined enterprise data strategy.
- BI Developer – Responsible for developing key analytics solutions, including analytics models and dashboards/reports.
A part-time service with the leadership and engagement of a full-time position, ATaaS provides all the strategic direction, tactical guidance, and technical execution of an Analytics team lead by an experienced Analytics Director, but with the cost of a single contractor rate. The role will report to someone within the client C-Suite (usually the CIO) and will be supported by a TDI Sr. Architect. The primary responsibilities of the team include:
- Work closely with CIO to define and execute on an Enterprise-wide Analytics Program
- Work with CIO to define budget for analytics work.
- Define an enterprise analytics strategic roadmap.
- Work with business leaders in client organization to define analytics requirements.
- Work with CIO (or assigned staff) to recruit, hire, train, and mentor analytics team members.
- Develop work detail, scope of work, and time/cost estimates for analytics projects.
- Serve as project lead for all analytics projects.
- Develop technical data architecture design plans.
- Research, select, and implement analytics/BI-related software tools.
- Architect and develop BI-related software solutions, including data modeling, ETL, and visualization development.
- Serve as analytics thought leader in the organization, promoting adoption and best practices of analytics on an enterprise level.
- Work with client project manager on resource planning for current and future projects.
- Define outsourced projects and managed vendor relationships and project budgets.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work with and influence senior/C-suite leadership
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Lake architecture patterns
- Experience with Azure Data Platform services a plus (Azure SQL, SQL DW, Streaming Analytics, Machine Learning, HDInsight)
- Experience with Big Data and Advanced Analytics tools/approaches (Hadoop, Machine Learning, R, Python, predictive modeling algorithms)
- Personal organization and project planning techniques
- Experience synthesizing complex requirements; business/systems analyst experience
- Experience with public speaking and training
- Apply visualization technologies to client analytics stack using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, and R.
- SQL – Table design, views, functions, triggers, stored procedures; performance tuning
- Experience with hospital or physician practice operations and clinical subject matters